Land-Atmosphere Interaction Research Group, Beijing Normal University.
No. 19 Xinjiekouwai St., Haidian District, Beijing 100875, P.R. China
1983-1987: B.S., Department of Mathematics, Jilin University
1987-1990: M.S., Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1990-1995: Ph.D., Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2002-Now: Professor of Cheung Kong Scholar Program, Beijing Normal University
2002/2004: Visiting scientist, Columbia University
2000-2003: Research scientist II / PI, School of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Georgia Institute of Technology
1997-2000: Assistant Research scientist / PI, Institute of Atmospheric Physics, University of Arizona
Visiting scientist, University of Turin
1995-1997: Assisstant Research Scientist, Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Land surface processes parameterization
Tibet Plateau and China Northwestern Environmental Evolution
Plant Physiological Ecology
Expert of the earth sciences discipline appraisal group in NSFC
Academic reviewer of the National Science Foundation in USA
Guest Scientist in the Institute of Atmospheric Physics, CAS
Guest Scientist in the National Climate Center, CMA
Committee member of the institute of computational mathematics in Chinese Mathematical Society
Committee member of the Chinese Meteorological Society
Panelist in the "Global change research strategy group" by the department of basic research, MOST
Evaluation expert of postdoctoral fund in China
Reviewer of "Journal of Climate"
Reviewer of "Journal of Geophysical Research"
Editorial board member of the journal of "Atmospheric Sciences"
1995: "Ye Duzheng award for outstanding doctoral dissertation" in institute of atmospheric physics, CAS
1998: "Natural science prize" in Chinese Academy of Sciences
2002: "Distinguished professor of Cheung Kong Scholar Program" by the Ministry of Education
2003: "The National Science Award for Distinguished Young Scholar of CHINA" by National Natural Science Foundation
2006: "State council special government allowance"
2006: "Outstanding researcher onMeteorological science and technology" by China Meteorological Administration
2007: State class persons of "New century talents project"
Technical guides for land model:
- Dai, Y.J., 2005: The common land model (CoLM) user's guide. Available via DIALOG. http://climate.eas.gatech.edu/dai/CLM_userguide.doc
- Oleson K.W., Dai Y.J., Bonan G., Bosilovich M., Dickinson R.E., Dirmeyer P., Hoffman F., Houser P., Levis S., Niu G.Y., Thornton P., Vertenstein M., Yang Z.L., Zeng X.B., 2004: Technical Description of the Community Land Model (CLM). NCAR/TN-461+STR.
- Collins W.D., J.J. Hack, B.A. Boville, P.J. Rasch, C. Bitz, S.-J. Lin, R.B. Rood, M. Zhang, Y. Dai, 2004: Description of the NCAR Community Atmosphere Model (CAM3.0). NCAR/TN-464+STR.
- Dai Y.J., Zeng X.B., Dickinson R.E., 2002: The Common Land Model: Documentation and Users Guide.
- Dai, Y., et al. 2001: Common land model: technical documentation and user's guide. http://climate.eas.gatech.edu/, 1-69.
Selected ISI-indexed journal papers:
- Zhang J., Dai Y.J. The Earth System (Third Edition). Higher Education Press, 2011. (translation book)
- Dai Y.J., Chen H.S. Climate in China: The impact of land surface process on China's climate. Science Press, 2011.
- Dai Y.J., Shangguan W., Duan Q.Y., Liu B.Y., Fu S.H., Niu G.Y., 2013: Development of a China dataset of soil hydraulic parameters using pedotransfer functions for land surface modeling. Journal of Hydrometeorology 14: 869-887.
- Shangguan W., Dai Y.J., Liu B.Y., Ye A.Z., Yuan H., 2012: A soil particle-size distribution dataset for regional land and climate modelling in China. Geoderma, 171: 85-91.
- Yuan H., Dai Y.J., Xiao Z.Q., Ji D.Y., Shangguan W., 2011: Reprocessing the MODIS leaf area index products for land surface and climate modelling. Remote Sensing of Environment, 115 (5): 1171-1187.
- Liang X., Dai Y.J., 2010: Soil and plant parameters - Related stochastic uncertainty propagation in the common land model. Chinese journal of atmospheric science, 34(2): 457-470. (in Chinese)
- Zhou L.M., Dai A.G., Dai Y.J., Vose Russell S., Zou C.Z., Tian Y.H., Chen H.S., 2009: Spatial dependence of diurnal temperature range trends on precipitation from 1950 to 2004. Climate Dynamics, 32 (2-3): 429-440.
- Chen D.D., Dai Y.J., 2009: Characteristics of northwest China rainfall intensity in recent 50 years. Chinese journal of atmospheric sciences, 33(5): 923-935. (in Chinese)
- Dai Y.J., Dickinson R.E., Wang Y.P., 2004: A two-big-leaf model for canopy temperature, photosynthesis, and stomatal conductance. Journal of Climate, 17 (12): 2281-2299.
- Dai Y.J., Zeng X.B., Dickinson R.E., Baker I., Bonan G.B., Bosilovich M.G., Denning A.S., Dirmeyer P.A., Houser P.R., Niu G.Y., Oleson K.W., Schlosser C.A., Yang Z.L., 2003: The Common Land Model. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 84 (8): 1013-1023. (Featured on the cover)
- Yang Z.L., Dai Y.J., Dickinson R.E., Shuttleworth W.J., 1999: Sensitivity of ground heat flux to vegetation cover fraction and leaf area index. Journal of Geophysical Research, 104, No. D16, 19505-19514.
- Dai Y.J., Xue F., Zeng Q.C., 1998: A land surface model (IAP94) for climate studies, Part II: Implementation and preliminary results of coupled model with IAP GCM. Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, 15 (1): 47-62.
- Dai Y.J., Zeng Q.C., 1997: A land surface model (IAP94) for climate studies, Part I: formulation and validation in off-line experiments. Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, 14 (4): 433-460.
- PI: Global Change - Land-Atmosphere Interaction Studies (2006 - 2015)
Funded by China Ministry of Education and State Administration for Foreign Experts Affairs for Intellectual Introduction Project for the Discipline Innovation in China University System.
- PI: The Development of Land Date Assimilation System in Global and Regional Multi-scale Advanced Prediction Model System (GRAPES) (2012 - 2014)
Funded by China Meteorological Administration (CMA) for the public sector specific research (meteorology).
- PI: High-Impact Weather Prediction Technology for Beijing-Tianjing-Hebei Metropolitan Region (2009 - 2012)
Funded by National Key Technology R&D Program of China.
- PI: Coupling the Common Land Model in Global and Regional Multi-scale Advanced Prediction Model System (GRAPES) (2008 - 2012)
Funded by China Meteorological Administration (CMA).
- PI: The development of China atmospheric forcing data for Land Surface Models (2009 - 2011)
Funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC).
- PI: Land Modeling Uncertainty induced by the errors of model parameters, numerical schemes and parameterization (2008 - 2010)
Funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC).